Om ICA Banken
ICA Banken started its operations in 2001 and forms part of the ICA Group, ICA stores owned by independent retailers.
They are closing down all the bank offices out here, all we have left is ICA
Customer about ICA Banken
The premises, staff and customers are there already. But what kind of role should ICA Banken have in the stores? What transactions does the customers want to do in the store? Do they actually want to do bank transactions in a store? If so, what services should the bank offer and what kind of support would the store owners and staff need to assist their customers with in their banking errands?
Customers will be able to do basic errands and get administrative support from trained staff in the ICA stores. At the same time, the stores will serve as a bridge to the ICA Bankens advisers when it comes to more qualified bank services. Support with everyday money matters will also be available to the customers through appropriate communication tools and services in the ICA stores, e.g. bank balance via mobile etc.
Client & Market
+46 73 346 28 69
CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS: WE WANT TO UNDERSTAND BOTH THE CUSTOMERS' AND THE STORE OWNERS' PERSPECTIVE
In order to get a grasp of both the customers’ and the store owners’ perspectives we carried out in-depth interviews with the target groups, both in the stores and by phone.
CUSTOMER INSIGHTS: COMMON DENOMINATORS BECOME CUSTOMER INSIGHTS
After studying our interviews and observations we were able to extract clear contexts and common denominators which we packaged into customer insights. These insights were then carried out to the next stage, were we applied our innovation methods to create solutions.
- The store doesn’t bring forth thoughts of traditional bank services. Instead it prompts customers to think about day-to-day money issues.
- For the customer, ICA and ICA Banken are the same company and at the in-store bank they would expect the ICA staff to be able to help them with basic bank services and administrative support.
- There is considerable added value in having access to a shop locally and being able to meet people face-to-face, especially considering the trend towards cashless banks, or local branches closing.
At ICA, you ask where you can find the muesli. At the bank you talk about interest rates.
Customer about ICA Banken
GENERATING IDEAS: DISCUSSING DAY-TO-DAY MONEY ISSUES IS FINE, BUT NOT BANKING SERVICES
Based on our insights from interview with the customers and store owners’, we produced a blueprint of solutions as to what a bank at ICA should be and what it absolutely shouldn’t be. One conclusion was that customers were ready to talk day-to-day money matters while they were shopping, but not about bank services.
TRIGGER MATERIAL: CUSTOMERS DISCUSS AND GIVE THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT THE SOLUTIONS
In order to facilitate discussions as to how an in-store bank should work and look like, we visualized different solutions. We refer to visualizations as trigger material, because they trigger discussions. Examples of trigger materials are prototype blueprints and sketches describing how a service might work in practice.
SOLUTION:THIS IS HOW AN IN-STORE BANK SHOULD WORK
To obtain a set vision of how an in-store bank should work, and how it shouldn’t, we repeated the above step and asked the customers to refine our solutions until we came to the point when we could agree on a definitive solution as to how an in-store bank should work.
THIS IS HOW AN IN-STORE BANK SHOULD FUNCTION
- Provide basic bank services.
- The customers would like access to administrative support regarding ICA Banken’s services in the ICA stores.
- The ICA stores should function as a bridge to the ICA Banken’s advisers and the more advanced bank services otherwise provided by the bank.